First introduced in South Africa in 2007, our Chevrolet Captiva is a highly capable seven seater Sport Utility Vehicle. The Captiva has an appealing design that has seen over 16 000 units sold locally in South Africa. The SUV offers a smooth ride over almost any condition the South African landscape can throw at it. Offering a spacious cabin generous storage space, three rows of seats with high levels of safety and comfort features, under the Captiva’s hood you’ll find a petrol or turbo diesel engine with a manual or automatic six-speed transmission that combines performance with fuel economy.
Our Chevrolet Captiva
The versatile Captiva has an up-market feel and is equipped to high standards. The spacious and comfortable interior has been specifically designed to accommodate both the driver and 6 passengers, providing you and your family with a comfortable driving experience.
The Captiva’s sweeping lines and modern styling, highlighted by the redesigned front and rear, the dual grille mesh and the LED tail lamps, makes a statement of elegance, equalled by just the right amount of power. A blend that runs in all Chevrolets, adding to the appeal of this refined SUV. The headlamps have LED day time running signature lighting with automatic on and off. All three models come with Argent or body colour accent cladding depending on the body colour selected. The Captiva rides on 18”Alloy wheels, the look is finished off with neatly integrated side steps.
The Chevrolet Captiva comes with a long list of standard features which include:
- An on-board computer
- Eight-way electronically adjustable driver’s seat
- Dual zone climate control
- MyLink 2.0 with large touchscreen
- Rear park assist
- Cruise Control
- Keyless Entry and Keyless Start (PEPS)
- Hill Descent Control and Hill Start Assist
- Power folding mirrors
- flexible seating options means with the third row of seats folded down
- the Captiva offers plenty of storage space along with 477 litres of cargo carrying space with all the seats up and 942 litres with the seats folded down.
The Captiva comes with two engine models
- a 2.4 litre ECOTEC petrol engine with Variable Valve Timing with either
- a 6 speed manual transmission delivering 123Kw @ 5600 rpm and 230Nm @ 4600 rpm. Combined CO2 Emissions – 210gm
- a 6 speed Automatic Transmission with a manual selection mode 123 @ 5600 and 230Nm @ 4600 rpm. Combined CO2 Emissions – 215gm
- a turbo-charged 2.2 L diesel engine with a 6 speed Automatic Transmission with a manual selection mode 135@ 3800 and 400Nm @ 2000 rpm. Combined CO2 Emissions – 212gm
Fuel consumption estimate for the combined cycle:
- 2.4 litre ECOTEC petrol engine with manual transmission – 8.8 l / 100km*
- 2.4 litre ECOTEC petrol engine with automatic transmission – 9.1 l / 100km*
- 2.2 L turbo-charged diesel engine with automatic transmission- 8 l / 100km*
The fuel efficient engines combined with a 65 litre fuel tank make the Captiva an ideal cross country vehicle.
* Fuel consumption calculations according to Government ECE R101 or SANS20101 standards.
The Captiva has a number of advanced safety features:
- six airbags – dual front and side airbags for the driver and front passenger and curtain airbags for the outer rear passengers
- Three-point seat belts with belt pre-tensioners
- Smart Seatbelt Reminder – Driver
- ISOFIX anchor points facilitating quick and secure fitting of child seats.
- Electronic Park Brake
- Traction Control System
- Continuously Variable Real Time Damping with Trailer Stability Assistance which works to evenly distribute the weight across the vehicle and is activated automatically when a heavy load in the rear is detected resulting in improved handling
- Electronic Stability Control eliminates over and under-steer,
- Brake Assist System
- Hill Start Assist which helps to prevent “roll-back” on hill starts.
- Descent control system slowing the vehicle on steep gradients
- Remote Central Locking with automatic Drive-away Door Locking
- Factory Anti-theft Alarm and Immobiliser
- Has a 5 Star EURO NCAP rating
The Chevrolet Captiva benefits from the Chevrolet Complete Care Programme which covers regular servicing, and road side emergencies. Warranty and Roadside Assistance is covered for 5 years or 120 000 km, with a 5 years or unlimited kilometer anti-corrosion warranty. As part of the Chevrolet Complete Care Programme, the Captiva comes standard with a 3 year or 60 000 kilometre service plan.
Recommended retail price:
|Model||Price (incl. VAT)|
|Captiva 2.4 LT FWD MT||R396,600|
|Captiva 2.4 LT FWD AT||R415,500|
|Captiva 2.2D LT FWD AT||R431,300|
Please note the information provided is for consultative purposes only. Whilst caution is exercised in providing the information, any incorrect information shall not render Unitrans Automotive, its directors, officers or employees liable for damages of any nature whatsoever and howsoever arising.