The Chevrolet Sonic, a sporty hatchback or aerodynamic sedan. Both models boast brilliantly designed interiors, comfortable rides and responsive handling customised to be a refined small car with a sporty and youthful feel. The Sonic range offers you a choice of three high-performance, fuel-efficient diesel and petrol engines. With it’s economical petrol and diesel engines and the spacious interior it will fit into any active lifestyle. Having an exceptionally strong structure, an impressive array of active and passive safety systems and added features like the cutting-edge Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system(optional) we are sure it will please.
Our Chevrolet Sonic
The Chevrolet Sonic shows bold lines with angled shoulders, flared wheel arches, dual-port grille and motorcycle-inspired twin headlamps. There are two body styles: our sporty hatchback with rear-door pull handles or our fluidly styled 4-door sedan.
The Sonic’s interior is inspired by the Corvette’s dual cockpit with an ice-blue ambient back lighting. Every control is within reach allowing you to quickly adjust the driver-seat length and height to meet your needs. Smart storage keeps your driving essentials close at hand, with a spacious glove box and storage space under the front passenger seat. The Sonic hatchback boot space allows for 53 litres of storage, the sedan offers 466 litres. You can fold all, or part of the rear seat offering further space.
Chevrolet Sonic is available with 3 engines.
- a 1,4 litre petrol engine and a 5 speed manual transmission.
- Produces 74kW @ 6000 r/min of power 130Nm @ 4000 r/min of torque.
- Has a combined cycle fuel consumption 5,8 l/100km.
- Top speed of 174km / h
- Combined CO2 Emissions of 139 g/km
- a 1,6 litre petrol with a 5 speed manual transmission. Only the sedan has a 6 speed automatic transmission as an option.
- Produces 85kW @ 6000 r/min of power 155Nm @ 4000 r/min of torque.
- Combined cycle fuel consumption 6.4 l/100km – manual hatch
- Combined cycle fuel consumption 6.5 l/100km – manual sedan
- Combined cycle fuel consumption 6.7 l/100km – automatic sedan
- Top speed of 183km / h
- Combined CO2 Emissions of 155 g/km – manual hatch
- Combined CO2 Emissions of 152 g/km – manual sedan
- Combined CO2 Emissions of 161 g/km – automatic sedan
- a 1.3 litre diesel engine and a 6 speed manual transmission only available in the hatch.
- Produces 70kW @ 4000 r/min of power 210Nm @ 1750 r/min of torque.
- Has a combined cycle fuel consumption 4.6 l/100km.
- Top speed of 174km / h
- Combined CO2 Emissions of 119 g/km
Service intervals are every 15 000km or 12 months – which ever is reached first.
A key to the Sonic’s advanced safety, the roof is capable of bearing 4 times the car’s actual weight. Steels used In the Sonic have high tensile strength, protecting the vehicle occupants.
Other features include:
- ABS brakes with electronic brake-force distribution
- High level brake light
- Front and side airbags for driver and front seat passenger
- Passenger airbag de-activation switch
- ISOFIX child seat anchorage system
- 3-Point seat belts with pre-tensioners
- Front seats are covered by a smart seatbelt reminder alert system
- Fog lamps – front
The optional Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system uses the system’s 7-inch colour touch-screen or steering wheel-mounted controls to make use of the following features:
- Easy hands-free calling
- Stream personalised music playlists via a compatible Bluetooth smartphone
- Play tracks from a compatible smartphone, MP3 player, iPod or USB media storage device which can be plugged in via USB/AUX
- Up to 35 presets and 15 auto stores for your AM/FM radio stations
- View personalised picture slideshows and watch videos stored on a connected media storage device when the vehicle is stationary
Chevrolet MyLink can also be used to run selected smartphone apps including:
- TuneIn internet radio
- Stitcher Smart radio
Another Chevrolet MyLink feature is Siri Eyes Free allowing you to simply speak short commands to take and make calls hands-free, to compose, send and listen to text messages.
Backed by General Motors South Africa the Sonic comes with a 3 Year / 60 000km Service plan, a 5 Year / 120 000 km warranty and roadside assistance plan as well as an anti-corrosion warranty of 5 Years / Unlimited km. Please have your Williams Hunt Sales executive run though the Service plan offering.
Recommended retail price:
The Chevrolet Sonic in action
At the Johannesburg Motor Show