The Sonic RS is a sporty, athletic Chevrolet Sonic hatchback with a turbocharged 1.4-litre petrol engine, tuned suspension and high specification levels giving you great performance and fuel economy, amazing handling and a unique driving experience. The Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system is now a standard feature in the RS model. MyLink allows integration of advanced infotainment functions in an easy-to-use interface which allows the Chevrolet Sonic RS to be a connected entertainment hub with full smartphone integration and Bluetooth connectivity .
Our Chevrolet Sonic RS
The Sonic RS can be easily identified by
- a more aggressive front bumper
- angular fog lights with chrome detailing
- Gunmetal 17-inch alloy wheels in a five-spoke design
- new side skirts
- black-painted door mirrors with integrated LED indicators
- a new roof spoiler
- trapezoidal exhaust tip
- special Sonic RS badging
- Red stitching on the leather-bound, flat-bottomed steering wheel
- RS emblems on the seats and piping on the floor mats
- An upgraded rev counter featuring an RS badge.
- The seats are covered in a combination of leather and ribbed suede inserts
- Aluminium pedals
- The centre console features piano black finishes and the integration of the MyLink infotainment system
- a tuned suspension using a MacPherson strut design up front and a multi-link setup at the rear, allows for improved handling especially under sportier conditions. It has a lower ride height with stiffer suspension and performance-tuned dampers to delivering a communicative and firm-yet-comfortable ride.
- The MyLink system is an integration of infotainment functions into an easy to use interface. It incorporates a host of different media sources and formats, allowing the user to play or watch their favourite media in the car. Bluetooth audio streaming with playlist customisation and full smartphone integration allows MyLink to stay connected and become an extension of your smartphone. Full phonebook and call list integration with a smart dialling feature makes calling easier. Video playback and picture gallery viewing while the vehicle is stationary adds another touch.
The high-resolution 7-inch touch screen is integrated into the vehicle’s dashboard and features touch button controls for a modern look and feel. Voice control on most smartphones and steering wheel-mounted controls also mean the system can be operated safely. MyLink has been designed so that most common music, picture and video formats can be streamed or played via most smartphones. The additional USB and auxiliary ports ensure other sources of music, videos or photos can also be integrated. Up to 35 pre-set and 15 auto-stored AM or FM radio stations can be programmed.
Featuring a 1.4-litre turbocharged ECOTEC® petrol engine, the Sonic RS makes use of 103 kW at 6 000 rpm and 200 Nm at 4 000 rpm. It is front wheel driven and has a six-speed manual gearbox with close ratios. Carbon emissions are 155 g / km.
Fuel consumption estimate:
Urban Cycle 8,8 l/100km
Extra-Urban 5,3 l/100km
Combined 6,6 l/100km
Safety equipment includes:
- disc brakes all-round
- ESC and Traction Control
- a full-size spare wheel
- ISOFIX child seat anchors and four airbags
Backed by General Motors South Africa the Sonic RS comes with a 3-year/ 60 000 km service plan, a 5 Year / 120 000 km warranty and roadside assistance plan as well as an anti-corrosion warranty of 5 Years / Unlimited km.