To challenge the established best products in it’s segment, the Chevrolet Trailblazer has been designed to cater for a market segment demanding a vehicle with rugged sophistication. A cross functional lifestyle vehicle equally at home in the city or the bush, being able to handled the most challenging road conditions with confidence. The Chevrolet Trailblazer delivers rugged sophistication, power, performance, economy, versatility, refinement, toughness, durability, style, comfort and spaciousness in a well – rounded package embellishing the unique heritage of the Chevrolet brand.
Our Chevrolet Trailblazer
The Trailblazer offers everything you may need to get out there. A versatile interior offers a dynamic dual-gauge instrument cluster with LED ice-blue illumination, a leather wrapped steering wheel, the MyLink infotainment system, USB ports, Bluetooth, radio and cruise control giving you a driving experience designed to fit your everyday life. Comfortable seats let you and your family travel in comfort. Seated in three rows you will find all the accessories needed within in reach. Spacious and accommodating, the interior offers fold-able 2nd and 3rd row seats providing additional storage room.
Chevrolet offers 2 spec levels, the ‘LT’ or ‘LTZ’. The ‘LT’ specification level is offered as a base line with a comprehensive level of trim on just one model, the 2.5 LT Diesel 4X2. The luxury ‘LTZ’ specification is available with either the 2.8 4×2 or 4×4 diesel engine or the 3.6 V6 4×4 petrol engine. All LTZ derivatives feature a reversing camera as standard.
The Trailblazer features a multi-information central LCD display panel with the usual trip computer readouts as well as two menus for additional vehicle information such as battery voltage, an adjustable speed warning, transmission fluid temperature, engine hours and an oil life indicator. The additional economy gauges include an instantaneous throttle position indicator which indicates when the vehicle is being driven economically, as well as fuel consumption history for the last 50 km.
MyLink brings smartphone technology to the Trailblazer through a large 7-inch touch screen display and a host of media capabilities. MyLink offers
- Video and picture playback
- full audio format support linked to six speakers
- USB and auxillary integration
- Bluetooth for hands-free cellphone use and audio streaming
- Up to 35 pre-set and 15 auto-stored AM or FM radio stations.
Chevrolet MyLink has been designed to be compatible across the board both in terms of phone integration and playable media formats allowing the most common music, picture and video formats to be streamed or played on the system via most smartphones. Additional USB and auxiliary ports ensure other sources of music, videos or photos can also be easily integrated.
MyLink transforms the Trailblazer into a connected mobile infotainment hub.
If you are conquering a mountain, cruising around town or just towing a boat, the Trailblazer will deliver great performance with impressive efficiency.
- 2.5 Duramax Diesel offers 125 Kw @ 3800 rpm and churns out 380 nm of torque at 2,000 rpm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission with gear ratios designed to accommodate most applications.
- 2.8 Duramax Diesel offers 144 Kw @ 3800 rpm. The 6-speed Active Select automatic transmission model churns out 500 nm torque at 2,000 rpm and the 6-speed manual transmission 440 nm torque at 2,000 rpm. The Active Select system makes driving more fun allowing you to manipulate precise gear changes at will.
- 3.6L V6 VVT Petrol engine offers 176 Kw @ 6600 rpm and 329 nm of torque at 3200 rpm. The petrol engine uses the 6-speed Active Select automatic transmission.
- 2.5 LT 4X2 MT – 8.0 l/100km
- 2.8 LTZ 4X2 AT – 10 l/100km
- 2.8 LTZ 4X4 MT – 8.5 l/100km
- 2.8 LTZ 4X4 AT – 9.8 l/100km
- 3.6 V6 4X4 AT – 11.1 l/100km
- 2.5 LT 4X2 MT – 215 g/km
- 2.8 LTZ 4X2 AT – 263 g/km
- 2.8 LTZ 4X4 MT – 227 g/km
- 2.8 LTZ 4X4 AT – 259 g/km
- 3.6 V6 4X4 AT – 265 g/km
Service intervals are every 15 000km or 12 months – which is reached first.
Safety is a priority. A high-strength body structure and a large chassis offer excellent protection.
Comfort and traction is optimized with the use of an independent double wishbone suspension on the front and half-oval steel leaf springs on the rear, plus gas shock absorbers.
Double SRS airbags and safety belts with pretensioners along with a strong body frame and a highly resistant chassis protect the cabin from side impacts. The collapsible steering wheel reduces the force of impact to the chest in the event of a frontal collision. The highly durable body frame is capable of withstanding harsh bending forces. With extra support beams inside the door panels the impact force from a side collision is optimally absorbed. The chassis is designed with special cross members to ensure optimum resistance against bending.
Further Safety Features:
- ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System) prevents the wheels from being locked in emergency braking.
- EBD (Electronic Brake Force Distribution) ensures optimal distribution of braking force.
- TCS (Traction Control System) saves the wheels from spinning freely.
- ESC (Electronic Stability Control) improves stability as the vehicle cruises forward
- PBA (Panic Brake Assist) effectively handles challenging sudden braking.
- CBC (Cornering Brake Control) increases stability when brake is applied while cornering.
- HBA (Hydraulic Brake Assist) increases brake fluid pressure when needed.
- HBFA (Hydraulic Brake Fade Assist) works to ensure the ideal brake fluid pressure.
- HDC (Hill Descent Control) down a steep slope it automatically limits the speed of the vehicle to the most appropriate level for a safer descent. Only on automatic transmission models.
- HSA (Hill Start Assist) prevents the car from rolling when trying to pull away on an up or down gradient.
A stiff frame and flexible suspension enhance the Trailblazer’s towing ability, allowing it to adapt to your driving needs. With quick response steering, wheels and tyres that optimise handling and the best in braking control technology, not only is it a smooth, enjoyable journey, but a safe one.
Towing Capacity / Towbar Rating (kg):
(Trailer with Overrun Brake)
- 2.5 LT 4X2 MT – 2500kg
- 2.8 LTZ 4X2 AT – 2950kg
- 2.8 LTZ 4X4 MT – 2950kg
- 2.8 LTZ 4X4 AT – 2950kg
- 3.6 V6 4X4 AT – 2480kg
Backed by General Motors South Africa the Trailblazer comes with a 5 Years/90 000 km service plan, a 5 Year / 120 000 km warranty and roadside assistance plan as well as an anti-corrosion warranty of 5 Years / Unlimited km.
Recommended retail price:
|Model||Price (incl. VAT)|
|Trailblazer 2.5 LT 4X2 M/T||R464,000|
|Trailblazer 2.5 LT 4X2 A/T||R481,800|
|Trailblazer 2.8 LTZ 4X2 A/T||R552,800|
|Trailblazer 2.8 LTZ 4X4 A/T||R613,200|
|Trailblazer 2.8 Z71 4X4 A/T||R613,200|
Please note the information provided is for consultative purposes only. Whilst caution is exercised in providing the information, any incorrect information shall not render Unitrans Automotive, its directors, officers or employees liable for damages of any nature whatsoever and howsoever arising.
Chevrolet Trailblazer desert test - 4xOverland
TowCAR of the Year: Chevrolet Trailblazer 2,8 LTZ AT
Our Trailblazer in action
The CAR Mag’s special Trailblazer report:
A short video of a similar model, the Holden Colorado 7 in action: