The Chevrolet Utility is a South African favorite, one of the most loved half ton utilities in the light commercial market. It is a utility vehicle or “bakkie” that offers cost-effective performance and fuel economy, superior convenience, a class-leading infotainment package and enhanced safety features.
Our Chevrolet Utility
The Utility bakkie is unmistakably Chevrolet, a modern comfortable car like design.
- The standard height-adjustable steering wheel and driver’s seat allow you to adjust the driving position with ease.
- A retro-design digital and analogue instrument cluster with ice-blue illumination, and a sporty 3-spoke steering wheel.
- All gauge needles perform a calibration check when ignition is switched on.
- Night mode feature, which eliminates glare from the instrument panel at night.
- On board computer with 6 functions (Sport models only).
- Turn signal indicator tip function for lane change (indicators will flash 3 cycles and then cancel).
- All models fitted with standard or optional air-conditioning will have digital ventilation display,
which displays the air ventilation direction graphically.
- The Utility features technologies like automatic headlights-on, automatic door locking on drive-away, and “Lead Me To The Car” lighting.
- It has a RDS audio system that is standard on the Club and Sport models (and optional on the Base model).
- The system features a front-loading CD player, MP3 compatibility, and both a USB port and auxiliary inputs for iPods and other entertainment devices. All radios support Bluetooth Audio Streaming as well as Bluetooth hands-free connectivity.
- iPod can be played via Aux. port and recharged via the USB port (no iPod control however).
The Utility offers excellent fuel economy. It is available with 1.4L and 1.8L petrol engines, and a powerful 1.3 diesel engine.
- 1.4L Petrol – 68kW @ 6000 r/min power and 120Nm @ 3000 r/min torque
- 1.8L Petrol – 77kW @ 5400 r/min power and 161Nm @ 3000 r/min torque
- 1.3L Diesel – 55kW @ 4000 r/min power and 170Nm @ 1750 – 2500r/min torque
Fuel consumption estimate for the combined cycle:
- 1.4L Petrol – 7.2 l/100km*
- 1.8L Petrol – 8.1 l/100km*
- 1.3L Diesel – 5.5 l/100km*
* Fuel consumption calculations according to Government ECE R101 or SANS20101 standards.
Combined CO2 Emissions
- 1.4L Petrol – 171 g/km
- 1.8L Petrol – 193 g/km
- 1.3L Diesel – 145 g/km
- All models are equipped with Driver and Passenger airbags as standard equipment.
- Height adjustable 3 point seatbelts.
- Side impact protection bars.
- All models are fitted with a collapsible steering column.
- All Sport models are equipped with Anti-Lock Braking and Electronic Brake Distribution systems (ABS + EBD).
- Auto door unlock in case of an accident (only vehicles fitted with standard remote central locking).
- Door unlock button located on the dashboard for convenience for models which have central door locking as standard.
Backed by General Motors South Africa the Spark lite comes with a 5 Year / 120 000 km warranty and roadside assistance plan as well as an anti-corrosion warranty of 5 Years / Unlimited km. If you would like a service plan added on please chat to your Williams Hunt sales executive.
Recommended retail price:
|Model||Price (incl. VAT)|
|UTILITY 1.4||R 159,800|
|UTILITY 1.4 Spaza Edition||R 166,600|
|UTILITY 1.4 Surf Edition||R 174,200|
|UTILITY 1.4 Force Edition||R 174,200|
|UTILITY 1.4 + A/C||R 174,600|
|UTILITY 1.8||R 177,600|
|UTILITY 1.4 CLUB||R 189,600|
|UTILITY 1.8 CLUB||R 193,600|
|UTILITY 1.4 SPORT||R 214,100|
|UTILITY 1.8 SPORT||R 220,900|
The information provided is for consultative purposes only. Whilst caution is exercised in providing the information, any incorrect information shall not render Unitrans Automotive, its directors, officers or employees liable for damages of any nature whatsoever and howsoever arising.
The Chevrolet Utility at JIMS