The Opel ADAM is a vehicle that truly embodies Opel’s heritage of precision German-engineered, desirable cars with attractive design and the latest technology. ADAM appeals to the modern buyer wanting to stand out in a crowd with a highly customisable and affordable package. ADAM is an A-segment, 3-door, 4-seat hatchback offering a high level of customer-related equipment with a firm emphasis on providing class-leading ergonomics and interior materials, fun-to-drive dynamics, great technology and an overall premium build quality.
Our Opel Adam
At just under 3.7 meters long and 1.72 meters wide the Opel Adam not only looks dynamic, it is. The small size makes parking easier while the broad stance delivers the perfect urban driving experience. The two-tone floating roof makes a massive statement with high-gloss black elements visually detach the roof from the body and the roof graphic creates a large span of wrap around glass – giving the ADAM a unique, active look that matches your lifestyle.
From its sleek, sculptured lines to its superior driving ability and exceptional technological innovations, it is the epitome of what Opel stands for. It features a lower-positioned, single-trapezoid grille that accentuates the ADAM’s low and wide impression. A chrome applique underscores the distinct window graphic and the body side design conveys athleticism and precision enhanced by the ‘blade’ feature in the lower door and the door handle pocket and swage line that connects to the tail lamps. The ADAM badge is perfectly positioned on the fixed side glass that seamlessly flows into the rear window, neatly fitting between roof and body and making it highly visible from most angles.
The turn indicators in the bumper have allowed for neat and tightly packaged headlamps. These rounded elements are visually linked to the grille by the horizontal edge that runs across the car. The bezels of the indicators are available in grained and high-gloss painted versions with chrome inlays.
Seen from behind, the ADAM has definite stance. This is reflected in the bulging fenders and wide positioned tail lamp clusters. Following the same philosophy, the headlamps have high-gloss housings and a chrome feature that enhances the ‘wing’ signature Daytime Running Lights. The broad stance and wide wheelbase perfectly balance the height, giving a distinct impression of both design quality and stability. Similar to the Astra GTC, the ADAM has a touch pad behind the logo to access the boot – this not only simplifies the design of the rear, but adds to the bold, fresh flair that the ADAM boasts.
ADAM is ideal for anyone who wants to enjoy the unique aspects of the Opel ADAM without too many frills. It boasts enough comfort features and character to stay ahead of the trend..
- 4 Cylinder Engine – 74kW/130Nm
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP)
- Hill Start Assist
- 6 Airbags – D+P+S+C
- Passenger Airbag De-activation
- Seatbelt Pre-tensioners
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Tyre Deflation Detection System
- Intermittent Wipers
- Halogen Lights
- Daytime Running Lights
- Rear Fog Lamps
- Single Tone Horn
- Manual Anti-Dazzle Rear View Mirror
- Heated and Foldable Side Mirrors
- Anti-theft Alarm and Immobilizer
- Speed Sensitive Power Steering
- Leather Steering
- ilt/Telescopic Steering Adjustment
- Cruise Control + Speed Limiter
- Audio Controls
- Radio/CD with BT, USB, AUX
- 5 Speakers
- City Mode Steering
- Air-conditioner + Pollution Filter
- 12V Power Outlet
- On Board Computer
- Chrome Instrumentation Rings
- Tinted Windshield
- Tinted Windows
- Electric Windows Express Up/Down
- Chrome Upper Bodyside Moulding
- Body Colour Door Handles
- Body Coloured Foldble Key Fob
- 15” Rotation Alloy Wheels with 185/65 R15 Tyres
- Spare Wheel
- Japan Paint Interior Décor
- IMIX Black Cloth Seat Trim
- Split Folding Rear Seats
With awesome colour combinations and sharp interiors, the ADAM JAM stands out. The big personality and funky shape come factory-fitted.
- 1.0L Turbo – 85kW/166Nm
- 6-speed Manual
- Start/Stop Engine Control
- Eco-Drive Assistance Display
- Sports Chassis (with 17”/18” wheels only)
- 15” Brake Discs, Front and Rear
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- LED Brake Lights
- Dual Horn Tone
- 7” Touchscreen IntelliLink™ with BT, USB and AUX
- Stitcher™ and TuneIn™ Apps Pre-loaded
- BringGo™ Navigation App Pre-loaded
- 7 Speakers
- Advanced Parking Aid 2 (APA2)
- Front and Rear Park Sensors
- Side Bling Zone Alert
- 16” Boomerang Alloys
- OCIO Black Morrocana Seat Trim
- Side Mirror colour matched to the various roof colours
ADAM JAM Exciting Options
- TWISTED Pack – White/Black* Roof
- OPC-LINE Pack – 17″ Hurricane Alloys + OPC-Line Kit
- TWISTED OPC-LINE Pack – White/Black Roof + 17″ Hurricane Alloys + OPC-Line Kit
- XREME Pack – White/Black Roof + 18” Black/White Twister Alloys** + OPC-Line Kit
*Black Roof – available with James Blond, Saturday White Fever and Red ‘n Roll
White Roof – available with Purple Fiction, I’ll Be Black, Let it Blue and The Greyfather
**Twister Wheels allow for a unique personalisation feature which is the ability to remove and replace one or more wheel clips with an available colour of your choice.
The ADAM GLAM owns the road. With chrome accents and a panoramic sunroof to highlight the stylish colours and classy fabrics it is a truely unique vehicle. A real game changer, glamorous, better equipped, the perfect uptown trendsetter.
- 1.0L Turbo – 85kW/166Nm
- 6-speed Manual
- Sports Chassis
- Auto-dimming Rear View Mirror
- Auto Wipers
- Auto Headlights
- Electronic Climate Control
- 8 Multi-Colour Adjustable Ambient Lighting
- Sunshade Mirrors – Illuminated with Cover
- Panorama Sunroof or Starz 64 LED Headliner
- 17” Roulette Alloys
- Tinted Steel Interior Décor
- Bristol Black Morrocana (no Black Leather Trim Pack available)
- Bristol Purple Morrocana (Purple exterior) + Purple Leather Trim Pack
ADAM is driven by two engines.
A 1.0L TURBO ecoFLEX® engine features:
- Direct Injection: Results in a higher compression ratio for increased efficiency and torque.
- IEM (Integrated Exhaust Manifold): Reduces fuel consumption through mass and friction reduction.
- Turbo Charger: Reduces fuel consumption and increases the fun of the drive by downsizing the boost concept.
- Dual Independent Cam Phasing: Increases airflow and reduces pumping losses to increase efficiency and torque.
- All Aluminium Construction: Reduces mass which results in reduced fuel consumption.
- Counter-rotating Balance Shaft: Reduces engine vibrations which allows the 3-cylinder to run smoother than a 4-cylinder
- Electronically controlled Fluid Management System: electronically controlled Water Pump, Oil Pump and Thermostat: Results in faster engine warm-up and reduced mechanical losses for reduced fuel consumption.
- Mechanical Vacuum Pump: Supplies superior braking energy for safety braking and performance.
The ecoFLEX® Drive Assist monitors energy consumption and indicates the most fuel-efficient gear-change points while constantly analysing and updating fuel efficiency for the last 50km. A recommended “shift now” arrow appears when it’s the most fuel-efficient time to change to the next highest gear. Additional energy consumption of the electrical system shows how much is being used to power auxiliary equipment and also displays accumulated average economy.
Fuel consumption statistics are analysed to show the efficiency of the driving pattern in 5km segments over the last 50km. The lower the display is registering, the more fuel-efficient the driving.
- the The 1.4 engine offers a naturally aspirated engine with a 5 Speed Manual transmission, power – 74@6000 r/min, torque – 130@4000 r/min, CO2 Emisions combined cycle 125 g/km.
- the 1.0T ecoFLEX engine offers a 1 litre turbo engine with a 6 Speed Manual transmission, power – 85@5000-6000 r/min, torque – 170@1800-4500 r/min, CO2 Emisions combined cycle 119 g/km.
Service intervals are every 15 000km or 12 months – which ever is reached first.
- the 1.4 :
- Urban 6.9 l/100km*
- Extra-Urban 4.4 l/100km*
- Combined 5.3 l/100km*
- the 1.0T ecoFLEX :
- Urban 6.3 l/100km*
- Extra-Urban 4.4 l/100km*
- Combined 6.1 l/100km*
*Fuel consumption calculations according to Government ECE R101 or SANS 20101 standards.
Backed by General Motors South Africa the Spark lite comes with a 5 Year / 120 000 km warranty and roadside assistance plan as well as an anti-corrosion warranty of 5 Years / Unlimited km. If you would like a service plan added on please chat to your Williams Hunt sales executive.
Recommended retail price:
|Model||Price (incl. VAT)|
|ADAM 1.4||R 206,500|
|ADAM JAM 1.0T ecoFLEX||R 230,700|
|ADAM JAM 1.0T ecoFLEX + Twisted Pack*||R 232,200|
|ADAM JAM 1.0T ecoFLEX + OPC-Line Pack*||R 239,400|
|ADAM JAM 1.0T ecoFLEX + Twisted OPC-Line Pack*||R 240,900|
|ADAM JAM 1.0T ecoFLEX + Xtreme Pack*||R 250,800|
|ADAM GLAM 1.0T ecoFLEX + Panoramic Roof||R 254,000|
|ADAM GLAM 1.0TecoFLEX + 64 Starz LED Headliner||R 254,000|
|ADAM ROCKS Limited Edition 1.0T ecoFLEX||R 287,100|
|ADAM S Limited Edition 1.4T||R 330,000|
Please note the information provided is for consultative purposes only. Whilst caution is exercised in providing the information, any incorrect information shall not render Unitrans Automotive, its directors, officers or employees liable for damages of any nature whatsoever and howsoever arising.