The Opel Astra OPC is a thoroughbred sports car. The OPC is the most powerful Opel Astra to date providing seemingly endless smooth power, control and response ideal for outstanding driving dynamics. The Astra OPC is an indication of distinction, state-of-the-art technology, exhilarating design with top-class performance. It offers the expected Opel functionality and convenience with sporty potential and technological expertise setting a standard in real driving dynamics.
Our Opel Astra OPC
The Opel Astra OPC is an expression of raw passion for power and speed. The external shape of the Astra OPC is derived from the elegant Astra GTC and enhanced with distinctive features that include front spoilers with prominent air inlets and fog lamps, large exclusively designed alloy wheels, bold moulded side sills, Brembo brake calipers and rear bumper aprons and spoilers. The OPC detailing is carried through to the interior with race-inspired bucket seats, the leather gear lever, a leather-bound steering wheel and unique instrument cluster.
Standard equipment includes:
- Sports chassis
- HiPerStrut front suspension
- Watt’s link rear suspension
- Speed-sensitive power steering
- Power mirrors, heated, in body colour
- Power windows, front
- Particle/carbon/odour filter
- Centre console with two cupholders and open storage
- Ambient light, centre stack
- Instruments with chrome ring accents
- Full leather perforated Nappa trim
- Décor mouldings Dolomite Pearl Light
- Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Door handles in body colour
- Dark tail lamps
- Aero fins on tailgate
- 20′ alloy wheels
- Hill Start Assist
- Electronic Climate Control, dual-zone
- Centre console with two cupholders, enclosed storage, and power outlet, rear
- Adjustable armrest, front
- Full leather sports-seats
- Perforated-leather sports steering wheel
- Leather shift lever (MT) and silver stitching
- Ambient light, centre stack and doors
- Instruments with chrome ring accents and translucent accent lighting
- Décor mouldings Brushed Titanium Light/Piano Structured
- Door sill plates
- Adaptive Forward Lighting
- Bi – Xenon front head lamp
- Automated head lamp control
- Infinity Premium audio system
- Rear park assist
The Astra OPC has a 206 kw turbocharged direct injection 2 litre engine producing a maximum torque of 400nm between 2500 – 4500rpm. This allows the OPC to do from 0 to 100 km/h in 6.2 seconds. It is electronically governed to 250 km/h.
This high-performance turbocharged engine produces 104 kw per litre – the highest specific power output per litre of any Opel petrol production car. This is 12% more than the previous Astra OPC with torque improved by 25% and a 12% reduction in fuel consumption. The engine is designed to offer more-for-less in terms of engine size and performance delivery. Combined CO2 emissions are 189 g/km.
Fuel consumption estimate:
Urban Cycle: 10,4 l/100km*
Extra-Urban: 7,3 l/100km*
Combined: 8,1 l/100km*
*Fuel consumption calculations according to Government ECE R101 or SANS 20101 standards.
The Opel Astra OPC has been designed with a high-performance chassis targeting optimised lateral dynamics and handling qualities. With the use of high-performance struts (HiPerStruts) on the front suspension; a mechatronic FlexRide chassis system; a mechanical plate type limited slip differential and Brembo brakes the Astra OPC is outstanding to drive.
Three different driving modes are available each providing a different degree of shock absorption, steering feel, and throttle response.
- Standard mode provides a good all-round balance of comfort and performance.
- Sport mode stiffens up the suspension, agility is increased by a reduction in body roll and the steering is sharper.
- OPC mode, the steering becomes even more direct, the throttle more responsive and the suspension stiffens delivering maximum handling.
As an owner you have user access to a defined set of data from the CAN bus (Controller Area Network – an electronic lifeline that connects all the electronic control units in the vehicle). This information is directly available through an iPhone App where it can be displayed and analysed. This type of information was previously only available to specialized workshops using sophisticated diagnostic equipment.
Safety features include:
- Adaptive Forward Lighting (AFL) enhancing visibility through curves and sharp bends.
- Active front headrests – move up and forward under impact to protect against whiplash and head injuries.
- Smart Seatbelt Reminder – Driver & Passenger
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Stability Program Plus (ESP®Plus)
- Driver’s and co-driver’s front and side airbags with Airbag deactivation switch,
- Pedal Release System (PRS)
- Isofix fixations, outer rear seats
- Remote power door locks and an advanced alarm system
The Opel Astra OPC comes with a 5 year/90 000 km Service Plan, a 5 year/120 000 km warranty with roadside assistance and an Anti-corrosion warranty valid for 5 years/unlimited km all backed by General Motors South Africa. Recommended service intervals are 12 months/15 000 km or as indicated by on-board monitor.
Recommended retail price:
|Model||Price (incl. VAT)|
Please note the information provided is for consultative purposes only. Whilst caution is exercised in providing the information, any incorrect information shall not render Unitrans Automotive, its directors, officers or employees liable for damages of any nature whatsoever and howsoever arising.
RPM TV review our Opel Astra OPC
Astra OPC - Performance Preview at Killarney raceway