The Opel Astra Sedan is designed to attract style-conscious traditional compact sedan buyers looking for performance with dynamic German precision and efficiency. With a sleek, stylish design, sweeping lines, a curvy rear and world-class engines the Astra Sedan delivers an engaging drive with control and exhilaration. The luxurious spacious interior will take your breath away. A cluster of chrome-finished dials, an advanced infotainment and driver assistance system, multiple storage compartments, supportive seats and a classy interior offer everything you would expect from an Opel Astra.
Our Opel Astra Sedan
The Astra sedan is a stylish car with impressive space and flexibility. It offers a stylish design, comfortable equipment, driving dynamics and state of the art safety features. True to the Opel badge, the Astra sedan range provides communicative yet comfortable ride characteristics. The 1.6 Essentia model features a compound crank rear suspension design while sharing its MacPherson strut front suspension design with the rest of the range. All Turbo models feature a Watt’s link rear suspension setup and the 1.6 Turbo Cosmo enjoys a sportier chassis with a lowered ride height for a more energetic driving dynamics.
Much like the hatchback version, the sedan boasts a beautiful and ergonomically-sound interior with either cloth or leather upholstery available. Specific touch points feature soft-touch finishes with highlights in a Dark Pearl, Liquid Palladium and Piano Black finishes. It has a generous 460 litres of luggage space with the seats up and 1 010 litres available when the rear seats are folded forward. The Astra sedan makes use of 19 different storage areas including four bottle holders, four cup holders and a storage tray underneath the front passenger seat.
The Astra Sedan comprises of four models powered by three different petrol engines and three transmissions offering a spectrum of choice and value. All three engines are part of Opel’s ECOTEC® engine family and comply with the Euro 5 emissions regulations.
- The 1.6 Essentia has a normally-aspirated 1.6-litre petrol engine producing 85 kW at 6 000 rpm with 155 Nm of torque available at 4 000 rpm. Mated to a five-speed manual gearbox, the front-wheel drive sedan enjoys average fuel economy on the combined cycle of 6.6-litres per 100 km and carbon emissions of 154 g/km.
- Powering two of the models and available with either a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic gearbox, the 1.4 Turbo Essentia models benefit from a forced induction motor producing 103 kW available between 4 900 and 6 000 rpm and 200 Nm of torque between 1 850 and 4 900 rpm. With obvious benefits to performance, the engine reveals its greatest advantage of reduced fuel consumption and lower CO2 emissions – 5.9-litres per 100 km on the combined cycle and 139 g/km in the manual version. The automatic’s figures are 6.6-litres per 100 km and 154 g/km respectively.
- The top of the range 1.6 Turbo Cosmo comes with a smooth and powerful 132 kW turbocharged petrol engine. This ECOTEC® engine delivers 132 kW at 5 500 rpm and 230 Nm of torque at 2 200 rpm. These figures help the car to a 0-100 km/h sprint time of just 8.7 seconds and a top speed of 223 km/h. Fuel efficiency remains key to the 1.6 Turbo Cosmo model, with carbon emissions being 159 g/km, the average fuel consumption on the combined cycle is 6.8-litres per 100 km.
Service intervals are every 15 000km or 12 months – which ever is reached first.
The Essentia and Turbo Essentia models all feature:
- colour coding
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- electric and heated side mirrors
- a multi-function steering wheel with rake and reach adjustment
- front and rear fog lamps as well as halogen daytime running lights
- height adjustment for the driver’s seat
- folding rear seats and cloth trim
- air conditioning
- front electric windows with tinting all-round
- cruise control with a speed limiter
- a radio/CD player with USB and seven speakers
- auxiliary and Bluetooth functionality
- a multi-info trip computer and remote central locking with an alarm/immobiliser
The range-topping Turbo Cosmo model features the same equipment as the Essentia with the addition of the following:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- chrome detailing on the door handles and side window profile
- a leather-bound steering wheel
- automatic headlights and wipers
- a sports seat for the driver with powered lumbar support adjustment
- leather upholstery
- heated front seats
- automatic dual-zone climate control
- electric windows all-round
- hill start assistance
- rear parking sensors
- an auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- a smart electronic parking brake
Safety features include:
- Driver & Passenger Airbag
- Front Seat Side Airbag
- Curtain Airbags
- Airbag De-activator
- ISOFIX Child Seat Anchorage
- Side Impact Bars – All Doors
- Dual Seatbelt Pretensioners
- High Level Brake Light
- Ultrasonic Alarm with Immobiliser and Deadlock System
- Vehicle Inclination Sensor
- Remote Controlled Power Door Locks
All models in the Opel Astra Sedan range come standard with a 5-year/ 90 000 km service plan, a 5-year/ 120 000 km warranty and roadside assistance plan as well as an anti-corrosion warranty of 5 Years / Unlimited km.
Recommended retail price:
|Model||Price (incl. VAT)|
|ASTRA SEDAN 1.6 ESSENTIA||R277,500|
|ASTRA SEDAN 1.4T ESSENTIA||R289,800|
|ASTRA SEDAN 1.4T ENJOY||R301,800|
|ASTRA SEDAN 1.4T ENJOY AT||R312,800|
|ASTRA SEDAN 1.6T COSMO||R338,100|
Please note the information provided is for consultative purposes only. Whilst caution is exercised in providing the information, any incorrect information shall not render Unitrans Automotive, its directors, officers or employees liable for damages of any nature whatsoever and howsoever arising.