Launching in April 2015, the new generation Chevrolet Cruze MY15 will deliver all of the customary design and safety features that have made the Cruze a favourite, along with plenty of revised features that will add even more value for car shoppers.
With a lot more luxury than usually seen in this class of passenger vehicles, the new Chevy Cruze boasts a particularly stylish interior, a sleek exterior, revised safety and communication features and a few other additions that are sure to make both new and old fans of the brand happy.
Updates across the LS, LT, RS and LTZ models have been made with comfort and safety in mind, with notable additions including a newer Chevrolet MyLink Infotainment System, along with a new 1.4 litre turbo charged engine that offers 6-speed manual or automatic transmission.
The Chevrolet Cruze MY15 Zooms onto SA Roads
Quiet, smooth and available in a variety of colours to suit every mood, this is a car that has passed the toughest safety tests without breaking a sweat. The 1.4 litre is sure to be a particular best-seller, with the perfect balance of fuel and carbon efficiency and a powerful engine that can easily reach up to 200km or more per hour in the case of the automatic. A snapshot of specs includes:
- Power 103kW @ 4900~6000 RPM
- Torque (Nm @r/min) 200 Nm @ 1850~4900 RPM
- Combined CO2 Emissions 135g/km (manual) 157g/km (automatic)
- Front Wheel Drive 6 speed transmission
- Acceleration (0 – 100km/h) 9.3 seconds (manual) 10.4 seconds (automatic)
- Top Speed 195 km/hour (manual) 204 km/hour (automatic)
Chevrolet Cruze MY15 Key Features
Looking at a broader glance at what the Chevy Cruze MY15 offers, the following features are worth mentioning:
- Exterior. Restructured front with projector fog lights including LEG daytime running lamps, modernised rear features comprising reworked deck lid and tail lamp, along with new 16” and 17” alloy wheels (17 inch offered in LS models only).
- Interior: Highlights here include the MyLink Infotainment System and Colour Connected Radio (CCR) (LS models), additional space, well-appointed design and a variety of features that can be included when choosing a model.
- Performance. For the 4.1l LS, 200Nm of torque guarantees a smoother drive, minimised carbon emissions and enhanced fuel economy. 1.4 manual turbo models boast stop/start technology as well.
- Safety & Technology. Delivering its trade-mark level of design quality, the new Cruze has certainly earned its five-star safety rating. Technology and safety features include the Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Traction Control, Four-channel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) as well as the Mylink Infotainment System.
- Chevrolet Complete Care. Adding peace of mind for Chevy owners, this extended car option offers extra services along the likes of Road Side Assist, Warranty and Service Plans and Payment Plans.
Coming to dealerships across South Africa this April, the new Chevy Cruze MY15 is sure to be a worthy contender for those seeking affordability, power and style.