With 110kW and 220Nm from its turbocharged 1,4 litre Ecotec engine, and an unladen mass of 1 178 kilograms, the ADAM S delivers specific output exceeding 74 kW / litre. The ADAM S is available in three distinctive ‘Twisted’ colour combos: Saturday White Fever, Shiny Rock and Red ‘n’ Roll. The first two have contrasting red roof and pillars, while the latter has a slate grey upper section. 18-inch ‘Propeller’ wheels have a distinctive five spoke design, with red brake callipers clearly visible.
The ADAM S is designed with performance in mind, to this end all of the vehicle’s external styling features have a benefit:
- The roof-coloured rear wing is the most obvious change and importantly, it adds 100 Newtons of rear downforce at speed. With the ADAM S capable of a meaningful 210 km/h, it certainly isn’t just for show.
- A deeper front spoiler performs a similar role to the wing, adding downforce as speed increases to maintain the front/rear aerodynamic balance.
- Side skirts control airflow under the car, helping the ADAM S hug the driver’s chosen line through sweeping bends.
- The big wheels not only add gravitas by filling the wheel arches to capacity, but their lightweight design reduces unsprung weight
- Premium quality performance tyres measuring 225/35/18 are fitted
Under the skin the ADAM S boasts a stiffer front anti-roll bar and stiffer springs for improved driving dynamics. In addition Opel has upgraded the brakes to the same specification as the previous-generation Corsa OPC. The powerplant boasts a host of high-tech features to achieve its 110kW/220Nm headline numbers, yet at the same time return fuel consumption figures of just 5.9 litres/100 km with CO2 emissions of just 139 grams/km. The engine meets stringent Euro 6 emission standards, and is equipped with Stop/Start Eco setting.
The Opel ADAM S reaches 100 km/h in 8.5 seconds and will continue on to 210 km/h. But it also impresses with great elasticity: it makes the transition for 80 to 120 km/h in 5th gear in just 7.9 seconds. For the ultimate in feel and feedback, the S allows the driver to deactivate the Electronic Stability Programme at the press of a button.
As part of Opel’s Complete Care package ADAM S comes with a standard five years or 120 000 kilometre warranty, roadside assistance, and 3 years or 60 000 kilometre service plan.